Varsity Towers features a number of safety measures to ensure the privacy and safety of its residents:
- CCTV cameras throughout the building (such as in all corridors, elevators, foyer and front entry)
- Security access keys
- Proximity access to individual floor after 10pm
- Roaming security officer every night
- 24/7 security personnel available
- On-site manager residing on premises
Having said this, the safety and security of every building is only as strong as its weakest link. There are a number of things that residents are advised to ensure their own and their fellow residents’ safety:
- Always lock the door when you leave the room.
- Lock the balcony doors when you are not in the room.
- Ensure that all emergency exit doors are closed at all times.
- Meet your guests upfront the building or in the foyer.
- Do not provide access to any floor to strangers.
- Call the front office during office hours or security outside of office hours whenever you notice any potential hazards or anyone behaving strangely.
- Do not hand out your keys and/or proximity access card to friends. Residents will be held fully responsible for whatever happens with their proximity cards.
- Ensure there is safe passage in all corridors, fire exits, stairwell, driveway and walkways. Whenever there is an emergency, such as a fire, it is important to ensure safe passage for the residents and the fire brigade. Hence, do not keep any items in the corridors, always dispose of all rubbish in the rubbish chute or in the rubbish bins, keep the bikes in the dedicated bike racks (instead of chaining them on the side of the building) and always park in the marked car park areas.